I-D Action: draft-unify-nfvrg-recursive-programming-00.txt

        Title           : Towards recursive virtualization and programming for network and cloud resources
        Authors         : Robert Szabo
                          Zu Qiang
                          Mario Kind
	Filename        : draft-unify-nfvrg-recursive-programming-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   The introduction of Network Function Virtualization (NFV) in carrier-
   grade networks promises improved operations in terms of flexibility,
   efficiency, and manageability.  NFV is an approach to combine network
   and compute virtualizations together.  However, network and compute
   resource domains expose different virtualizations and programmable
   interfaces.  In [I-D.unify-nfvrg-challenges] we argued for a joint
   compute and network virtualization by looking into different compute
   abstractions.

   In this document we analyze different approaches to orchestrate a
   service graph with transparent network functions into a commodity
   data center.  We show, that a recursive compute and network joint
   virtualization and programming has clear advantages compared to other
   approaches with separated control between compute and network
   resources.  The discussion of the problems and the proposed solution
   is generic for any data center use case, however, we use NFV as an
   example.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-unify-nfvrg-recursive-programming/

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-unify-nfvrg-recursive-programming-00

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/