I-D Action: draft-bi-savi-problem-08.txt

        Title           : Problem Statement of SAVI Beyond the First Hop
        Authors         : Jun Bi
                          Bingyang Liu
	Filename        : draft-bi-savi-problem-08.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-11-18

Abstract:
   IETF Source Address Validation Improvements (SAVI) working group is
   chartered for source address validation within the first hop from the
   end hosts, i.e., preventing a node from spoofing the IP source
   address of another node in the same IP link.  However, since SAVI
   requires the edge routers or switches to be upgraded, the deployment
   of SAVI will need a long time.  During this transition period, some
   source address validation techniques beyond the first hop (SAVI-BF)
   may be needed to complement SAVI and protect the networks from
   spoofing based attacks.  In this document, we first propose three
   desired features of the SAVI-BF techniques.  Then we analyze the
   problems of the current SAVI-BF technique, ingress filtering.
   Finally, we discuss the directions that we can explore to improve
   SAVI-BF.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bi-savi-problem/

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bi-savi-problem-08

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bi-savi-problem-08