I-D Action: draft-kang-sfc-failover-00.txt

        Title           : Failover for Service Function Chaining
        Authors         : Taeho Kang
                          Sungsu Kim
                          EunKyoung Paik
	Filename        : draft-kang-sfc-failover-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2014-10-24

Abstract:
   In the Software-Defined Networking (SDN) architecture, a SDN
   controller establishes flow paths.  SDN controller, classifier, and
   SFF(Service Function Forwarder) do closely interact for SFC packet
   transmission.  However, failure can happen at some nodes in SFC-
   enabled domain preventing packet forwarding, and such situation
   should be avoided.  Backup SF(Service Function) can be one of
   solutions.  Additionally, mandatory/optional criterion can decide
   whether to bypass the failed SF.  In this document, we illustrate
   failover method locally by SFF and globally by controller.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kang-sfc-failover/

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kang-sfc-failover-00

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/