I-D Action: draft-huang-i2rs-mpls-te-usecases-02.txt

        Title           : Use Cases for an Interface to MPLS TE
        Authors         : Tieying Huang
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Susan Hares
	Filename        : draft-huang-i2rs-mpls-te-usecases-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-07-04

Abstract:
   Network services based on Virtual Networks (VN) or Virtual Circuits
   (VC) may be run over MPLS-TE links, and support network
   configurations such as hub-spoke, service routing, or on-demand
   networks.  An MPLS Traffic Engineering(TE) network is typically
   configured and the results of its operation analyzed through network
   management interfaces (CLI, SNMP or NETCONF).  These interactions
   control each of the MPLS TE links, and diagnose operations issues
   concerning link configuration, MPLS TE protection, and traffic
   switching-over.  The network management functions also monitor MPLS
   TE links and provide fault detection.

   The Interface to the Routing System (I2RS) (draft-ietf-i2rs-
   architecture) programmatic interface to the routing system provides
   an alternative way to control the configuration and diagnose the
   operation of MPLS links.  I2RS may be used for the configuration,
   manipulation, polling, or analyzing MPLS TE.  This document describes
   a set of use cases for which I2RS can be used for MPLS TE.  It is
   intended to provide a base for a solution draft describing I2RS
   information models and protocol functions that will support virtual
   networks that utilize MPLS TE.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-huang-i2rs-mpls-te-usecases/

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huang-i2rs-mpls-te-usecases-02

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-huang-i2rs-mpls-te-usecases-02