I-D Action: draft-liu-nvo3-ps-vxlan-perfomance-00.txt

        Title           : Problem Statement for VxLAN Performance Test
        Authors         : Vic Liu
                          Bob Mandeville
                          Brooks Hickman
                          Weiguo Hao
                          Zu Qiang
	Filename        : draft-liu-nvo3-ps-vxlan-perfomance-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-07-03

Abstract:
   As the number of data center tenant increased, 4K VLANs, mobility,
   broadcasting issues have become the network bottleneck. VxLAN has
   being take into consideration in China Mobile IDC.

   There are two implementation solutions for VXLAN. The first one is
   that NVE resides in TOR (top of rack switch), another one is that
   NVE resides in V-Switch established in hypervisor of physical server.
   For virtualized network, it's much better to implement NVE in V-
   switch because it's directly connect with Virtual Machines and
   easier for business to carry on. As we research in VxLAN solution,
   some problems are take into our considerations. How much resources
   will be consumed by VxLAN in a virtualized network environment. This
   draft introduces the problem for VxLAN performance by test.

   There is no methodology which can effectively evaluate VxLAN
   forwarding performance. This draft also attempts to address this
   issue, give a VXLAN performance evaluation method, especially when
   VxLAN resides in the virtual switch.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-nvo3-ps-vxlan-perfomance/

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-nvo3-ps-vxlan-perfomance-00

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/