Anti-harassment policy and ombudsperson

As has been previously discussed, the IESG is setting up an anti-harassment policy for the IETF. I would like to thank everyone for feedback. We have today adopted an IESG Statement on the matter as follows:

http://www.ietf.org//iesg/statement/ietf-anti-harassment-policy.html

In the near future we will proceed to select and train ombudsperson(s) as confidential initial contact points for situations where there is a concern. In the meantime, Linda Klieforth from ISOC HR department is attending IETF-88 in Vancouver. She has kindly promised to act as a temporary ombudsperson during the meeting, should concerns arise. She can be reached at klieforth@isoc.org. Thank you, Linda!

The policy will be reviewed once sufficient experience on its use has been gained.

Jari Arkko for the IESG