I-D Action: draft-sudhaakar-6tisch-coap-00.txt

	Title           : 6TiSCH Data Model for CoAP
	Author(s)       : Raghuram S Sudhaakar
                          Pouria Zand
	Filename        : draft-sudhaakar-6tisch-coap-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   The [IEEE802154e] standardizes the TSCH mode of operation and defines
   the mechanisms for layer 2 communication between conforming devices.
   6top defines a set of commands to monitor and manage the TSCH
   schedule.  To realize the full functionality of sensor networks and
   allow their adoption and use in real applications we need additional
   mechanisms.  Specifically, we need to define how to interact with
   6top, control and modify schedules, monitor parameters etc.  Higher
   layers monitoring and management entities are then able to use these
   capabilities to create feedback loops.  Although, there have been
   many custom implementations of such feedback loops between the
   routing, transport and MAC layers in sensor network deployments,
   there has been a lack of standards based approaches.  The goal of the
   memo is to define a generic data model between monitoring and
   management entities and the 6top layer and define a mapping to the
   6top commands.  The document also presents a particular
   implementation of the model based on CoAP and CBOR.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sudhaakar-6tisch-coap

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sudhaakar-6tisch-coap-00

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/