I-D Action: draft-seedorf-lmap-alto-02.txt

	Title           : ALTO for Querying LMAP Results
	Author(s)       : Jan Seedorf
                          David Goergen
                          Radu State
                          Vijay K. Gurbani
                          Enrico Marocco
	Filename        : draft-seedorf-lmap-alto-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2013-10-21

Abstract:
   In the context of Large-Scale Measurement of Broadband Performance
   (LMAP), measurement results are currently made available to the
   public either at the finest granularity level (e.g. as a list of
   results of all individual tests), or in a very high level human-
   readable format (e.g. as PDF reports).  This document argues that
   there is a need for an intermediate way to provide access to large-
   scale network measurement results, flexible enough to enable querying
   of specific and possibly aggregated data.  The Application-Layer
   Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Protocol, defined with the goal to
   provide applications with network information, seems a good candidate
   to fulfill such a role.  Finally, we describe our methodology for
   analyzing the United States Federal Communication Commission's (FCC)
   Measuring Broadband America (MBA) dataset to derive required topology
   and cost maps suitable for consumption by an ALTO server.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seedorf-lmap-alto

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seedorf-lmap-alto-02

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-seedorf-lmap-alto-02

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/