I-D Action: draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe-01.txt

	Title           : pNFS Metadata Striping
	Author(s)       : Matt Benjamin
                          Casey Bodley
                          Adam C. Emerson
                          Pranoop Ersani
                          Peter Honeyman
	Filename        : draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   This Internet-Draft describes a means to add metadata striping to
   pNFS.  The text of this draft is substantially based on prior drafts
   by Eisler, M., with some departures.  The current draft attempts to
   define a somewhat lighter-weight protocol, in particular, seeks to
   permit striping for "filehandle only" operations such as LOCK and
   OPEN + CLAIM_FH, without clients having to obtain metadata layouts on
   regular files.  We gratefully acknowledge the primary contributions
   of Mike Eisler, Pranoop Ersani, and others.

Internet Draft Comments

   Comments regarding this draft are solicited.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe-01

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mbenjamin-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe-01

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/