I-D Action: draft-khalili-mptcp-performance-issues-03.txt

	Title           : <Performance Issues with MPTCP>
	Author(s)       : Ramin Khalili
                          Nicolas Gast
                          Miroslav Popovic
                          Jean-Yves Le Boudec
	Filename        : draft-khalili-mptcp-performance-issues-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2013-07-15

Abstract:
   We show, by measurements over a testbed and by mathematical analysis,
   that the current MPTCP suffers from two problems: (P1) Upgrading some
   TCP users to MPTCP can reduce the throughput of others without any
   benefit to the upgraded users; and (P2) MPTCP users can be
   excessively aggressive towards TCP users. We attribute these problems
   to the "Linked Increases" Algorithm (LIA) of MPTCP [4], and more
   specifically, to an excessive amount of traffic transmitted over
   congested paths. Our results show that these problems are important
   and can be mitigated. We believe that the design of the congestion
   control of MPTCP should be improved.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-khalili-mptcp-performance-issues

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-khalili-mptcp-performance-issues-03

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-khalili-mptcp-performance-issues-03