Volunteering for nomcom and registrations

I wanted to highlight that we have an ongoing call for nominating committee (nomcom) volunteers. Allison Mankin, chair of the 2013-2014 nominating committee, has told us that she would like to see more volunteers. The nomcom appoints people to fill the open slots on the IAOC, the IAB, and the IESG each year. The ten members of the nomcom are randomly selected from the pool of volunteers to perform this important task. It is important that the pool is large enough to ensure that we get a representative sample of people from the IETF.

You can volunteer by sending e-mail to Allison before 11:59 pm EDT June 16, 2013. The details are at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/msg11493.html

Also, based on a request from Allison, we have added an option to volunteer while you are registering to the Berlin meeting. You can register at http://www.ietf.org/meeting/register.html If you select to volunteer here, Allison will contact you. Either way, volunteers must have attended three out of the last five meetings (IETF 82-86).

Alternatively, please consider serving in the positions that nomcom selects. If you are considering doing this, you should not volunteer for duty on the nomcom itself, however. In any case, please consider helping with some of these tasks. And while you are at it, please also register for IETF-87 in Berlin!

Jari Arkko
IETF chair