I-D Action: draft-dekok-radext-datatypes-02.txt

	Title           : Data Types in the Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service Protocol (RADIUS)
	Author(s)       : Alan DeKok
	Filename        : draft-dekok-radext-datatypes-02.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2013-02-12

Abstract:
   RADIUS specifications have used data types for two decades, without
   rigorously defining them as managed entities.  During this time,
   RADIUS implementations have named the data types, and have used them
   to as managed entities in attribute definitions.  This document
   updates the specifications to match established prctice.  We do this
   by naming data types defined in [RFC6158], which have been used since
   at least [RFC2865].  We provide an IANA registry for the data types,
   and update the RADIUS Attribute Type registry to include a "data
   type" field for each attribute.  Finally, we recommend that authors
   of RADIUS specifications use these types in preference to existing
   practice.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dekok-radext-datatypes

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dekok-radext-datatypes-02

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dekok-radext-datatypes-02