I-D Action: draft-ietf-pwe3-congcons-00.txt

 This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PW Congestion Considerations
	Author(s)       : Yaakov (Jonathan) Stein
                          David L. Black
                          Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-congcons-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-10-14

Abstract:
   Pseudowires (PWs) have become a common mechanism for tunneling
   traffic, and may be found competing for network resources both with
   other PWs and with non-PW traffic, such as TCP/IP flows.  It is thus
   worthwhile specifying under what conditions such competition is safe,
   i.e., the PW traffic does not significantly harm other traffic or
   contribute more than it should to congestion.  We conclude that PWs
   transporting responsive traffic behave as desired without the need
   for additional mechanisms.  For inelastic PWs (such as TDM PWs) we
   derive a bound under which such PWs consume no more network capacity
   than a TCP flow.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-congcons

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-congcons-00

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/