I-D Action: draft-pan-sdn-bod-problem-statement-and-use-case-01.txt

	Title           : Software-Defined Network (SDN) Use Case for Bandwidth on Demand Applications
	Author(s)       : Ping Pan
                          Lyndon Ong
                          Shane Amante
	Filename        : draft-pan-sdn-bod-problem-statement-and-use-case-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-10-31

   Bandwidth on Demand services are offered by network operators in
   industry and research sectors to support the needs of selected
   customers needing high bandwidth point-to-point connections.

   Without a standard interface for controlling the use of network
   resources, user applications and services are subject to limits of
   layering, security and interoperability across multiple vendors of
   network equipment.

   In this document, we argue the necessity in providing network
   information to the applications, thereby enabling the applications
   to directly provision network elements associated with the relevant
   applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pan-sdn-bod-problem-statement-and-use-case-01.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pan-sdn-bod-problem-statement-and-use-case-01.txt