Document Action: 'PCC-PCE Communication and PCE Discovery Requirements for Inter-Layer Traffic Engineering' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-15.txt)

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'PCC-PCE Communication and PCE Discovery Requirements for Inter-Layer
   Traffic Engineering'
  (draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req-15.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-req/

Technical Summary

MPLS and GMPLS networks may be constructed from layered client/server
networks. It is advantageous for overall network efficiency to
provide end-to-end traffic engineering across multiple network
layers. PCE is a candidate solution for such requirements.

This document complements the generic requirements and presents
detailed sets of PCC-PCE communication protocol requirements and PCE
discovery protocol requirements for inter-layer traffic engineering.

Working Group Summary

No controversy on the I-D.

Document Quality

 Comments sent by reviewers during last call have been addressed. A
solution I-D is currently PCE WG document.

Personnel

Julien Meuricis the Document Shepherd for this document.
Stewart Bryant is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note