I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Softwire Mesh Multicast
	Author(s)       : Mingwei Xu
                          Yong Cui
                          Shu Yang
                          Jianping Wu
                          Chris Metz
                          Greg Shepherd
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-10-28

   The Internet needs to support IPv4 and IPv6 packets.  Both address
   families and their attendant protocol suites support multicast of the
   single-source and any-source varieties.  As part of the transition to
   IPv6, there will be scenarios where a backbone network running one IP
   address family internally (referred to as internal IP or I-IP) will
   provide transit services to attached client networks running another
   IP address family (referred to as external IP or E-IP).  It is
   expected that the I-IP backbone will offer unicast and multicast
   transit services to the client E-IP networks.

   Softwires Mesh is a solution to E-IP unicast and multicast support
   across an I-IP backbone.  This document describes the mechanisms for
   supporting Internet-style multicast across a set of E-IP and I-IP
   networks supporting softwires mesh.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-01.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-01.txt