I-D Action: draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-ioadvise-01.txt

	Title           : Support for Application IO Hints
	Author(s)       : Dean Hildebrand
                          Mike Eisler
                          Trond Myklebust
                          Sam Falkner
	Filename        : draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-ioadvise-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-09-26

   This document proposes a new IO_ADVISE operation for NFSv4.2 that
   clients can use to communicate expected I/O behavior to the server.
   By communicating future I/O behavior such as whether a file will be
   accessed sequentially or randomly, and whether a file will or will
   not be accessed in the near future, servers can optimize future I/O
   requests for a file by, for example, prefetching or evicting data.
   This operation can be used to support the posix_fadvise function as
   well as other applications such as databases and video editors.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-ioadvise-01.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hildebrand-nfsv4-ioadvise-01.txt