HOMENET WG Interim Meeting Announcement

Fall 2011 Homenet Interim
=========================

October 6th - 7th 2011
Hosted by Comcast.

The HUB, United Plaza, 30 South 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103

Statement of goals and scope
----------------------------

The focus of the October Homenet Interim meeting is to harness and
channel current momentum and energy towards a crisp architecture
document as well as the five focus areas defined in the charter.

Primary focus is on meeting our deliverables due by December:

Sep 2011 - First WG draft on the architecture
Dec 2011 - First WG draft on prefix configuration
Dec 2011 - First WG draft on routing

We have included time on the second day for areas with specific
milestones in 2012.

List of Deliverables
--------------------

We expect to make progress on each of our working areas, however the
only official deliverable from the Working Group in terms of documents
to be progressed to the IESG is the main Architecture working group
document.

Working Method
--------------

We plan for the meeting to be conducted in a highly interactive
workshop-style format, and will recruit strong leaders to own each
session. We don�t expect this to be a �list of draft presentations�.

Preliminary agenda
------------------

We will hold an informal social gathering on the evening of
Wednesday 5th for those arriving early (venue TBD).

Lunch and snacks are included at the meeting Thursday and Friday,
as well as Dinner Thursday evening (venue TBD).

Thursday, October 6

09:00 doors open
09:30 - 12:00 - Architecture Working Session
12:00 - 13:15 - Lunch
13:15 - 15:15 - Prefix Configuration Working Session
15:15 - 15:45 - Break
15:45 - 17:30 - Routing Working Session
19:00 Dinner

Friday October 7

09:00 doors open
09:30 - 12:00 - Naming/Discovery Working Session
12:00 - 13:15 - Lunch
13:15 - 15:15 - Security Working Session
15:15 - 16:00 - Wrap-up and next steps

Registration
------------

There will be a US$90 registration fee, to be collected through the IETF
registration system (link TBC). The fee will be used to help cover a
portion of the overall cost of the event, including meals.

Transportation
--------------

For travel advice please see the information supplied for IETF 71
at http://ietf71.comcast.net/?page_id=4

Accommodation
-------------

There is a range of nearby hotels where attendees may obtain the Comcast
group rate by contacting the hotel directly:

Courtyard by Marriot
21 N. Juniper Street at City Hall, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
+1 215 496 3200
Comcast Rate: ~$115 per night

Loews Hotel
1200 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
+1 (215) 627 1200
Comcast Rate: ~$105 per night?

Sofitel
120 South 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
+1 215 569 8300
Comcast Rate: ~$105 per night
Four Seasons

1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103
+1 215 963 1500
Comcast Rate: ~$125 per night

Ritz Carlton
Ten Avenue of the Arts, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102
+1 215 523 8000
Comcast Rate: ~$179 per night