Re: Call for nominations: IETF Representative to the 2012 ICANN Nomcom‏

On 24/07/2011 18:24, IAB Chair wrote:

> The IAB (on behalf of the IETF) has been asked to supply a representative to
> the ICANN Nomcom by 15 August 2011.

As the person who did this for the last 2 years...

> Nominating Committees have historically held two face-to-face meetings. The
> 2012 ICANN Nomcom's first organizational meeting will be held on 29 October
> 2011, following the Dakar ICANN meeting from 23-38 October 2011.

This year's nomcom added a 3rd meeting during the week of the spring ICANN
meeting.  (Next year: 11-16 March, 2012).  While it is not absolutely
necessary to attend this meeting, it does give people a chance to attend
the entire ICANN meeting and I found it a good opportunity to get a feeling
of the ongoing issues and the requirements for the people to be selected.
The plan is to continue to do this in 2012.

> The second
> is expected to be 30 June - 1 July 2012, following the Prague ICANN Meeting
> from 24-29 June 2012.

In the last 2 years, the nomcom organized face-2-face interviews with some
of the candidates in the week of the ICANN meeting, so expect to be busy for
the entire period of June 24 to July 1.

> Candidates should be able to join monthly teleconferences (typically UTC
> 13:00), with the expectation that these teleconferences will held weekly
> during the candidate assessment process in May-June.

Correct, expect 1 to 2 hours for the calls and 1 to 3 hours of preparations.

If anybody has other questions about this, feel free to contact me.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk(at)uijterwaal.nl
                                          http://www.uijterwaal.nl
                                          Phone: +31.6.55861746