I-D Action: draft-westerlund-avtcore-multistream-and-simulcast-00.txt

	Title           : RTP Multiple Stream Sessions and Simulcast
	Author(s)       : Magnus Westerlund
                          Bo Burman
	Filename        : draft-westerlund-avtcore-multistream-and-simulcast-00.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2011-07-04

   RTP has always been a protocol that supports multiple participants
   each sending their own media streams in an RTP session.
   Unfortunately many implementations aimed only at point to point voice
   over IP with a single source in each end-point.  Even client
   implementations aimed at video conferences have often been built with
   the assumption around central mixers that only deliver a single media
   stream per media type.  Thus any application that wants to allow for
   more advance usage where multiple media streams are sent and received
   by an end-point has a problem with legacy.  This issue is analyzed,
   and RTP clarifications and signalling extensions are proposed to
   handle this issue.  A related issue is how to perform simulcast, in
   the meaning of sending multiple encodings or representations of the
   same media source, when using RTP for media transport.  This is
   further analyzed and possible solutions discussed and we arrive at a
   conclusion for session multiplexing of simulcast versions.  We also
   found a number of related issues when having multiple streams and
   simulcast.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westerlund-avtcore-multistream-and-simulcast-00.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westerlund-avtcore-multistream-and-simulcast-00.txt