I-D Action:draft-bhatia-karp-ospf-ip-layer-protection-02.txt

	Title           : Security Extension for OSPFv2 when using Manual Key Management
	Author(s)       : M. Bhatia, et al.
	Filename        : draft-bhatia-karp-ospf-ip-layer-protection-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-01-19

The current OSPFv2 cryptographic authentication mechanism as defined
in the OSPF standards is vulnerable to both inter and intra replay
attacks when its uses manual keying.  Additionally, the existing
cryptographic authentication schemes do not cover the IP header.
This omission can be exploited to carry out various types of attacks.

This draft proposes an authentication scheme based on a challenge-
response mechanism that will protect OSPFv2 from both inter and intra
replay attacks when its using manual keys for securing its protocol
packets.  Later we also describe some changes in the cryptographic
hash computation so that we eliminate most attacks that result
because of OSPFv2 not protecting the IP header.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-karp-ospf-ip-layer-protection-02.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-karp-ospf-ip-layer-protection-02.txt>