Re: Announcement of the new Trust Legal Provisions (TLP 4.0)

Dear Julian;

On Dec 29, 2009, at 8:18 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

Marshall Eubanks wrote:
Season's Greetings!
This message is to announce that the IETF Trustees have adopted
on a new version of the Trust Legal Provisions (TLP), to be effective 28 December, 2009. The Grace period for old-boilerplate will begin on that date,
and last through 1 February, 2010.
The new document updating the Trust Legal Provisions is available in PDF and HTML formats from
http://trustee.ietf.org/policyandprocedures.html
and the PDF version is available directly at
http://trustee.ietf.org/docs/IETF-Trust-License-Policy.pdf .
Please note that this URL always points to the current TLP. A
stable URI for the TLP effective 28 December, 2009 is
http://trustee.ietf.org/docs/IETF-Trust-License- Policy-20091228.pdf .

Can we please also have a stable URL for the *previous* version, and have it linked from <http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/> (as it was the case for the predecessor versions)?

Here is the stable URL

http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/archive/IETF-Trust-License-Policy-20090912.pdf

If you go to

http://trustee.ietf.org/policyandprocedures.html

and look down at the bottom at

Archive of Obsolete Policies and Procedures

you will see

• Legal Provisions Relating to IETF Documents (Effective 12 September 2009 and Obsoleted 28 December 2009) • Legal Provisions Relating to IETF Documents (Effective 15 February 2009 and Obsoleted 12 September 2009) • Legal Provisions Relating to IETF Documents (Effective 10 November 2008 and Obsoleted 15 February 2009)

all of which have stable links.

Please let me know if you have any troubles or suggestions.

I hope there are no additions to this for quite some time to come.

Regards
Marshall

Marshall

Best regards, Julian