I-D Action:draft-magnusson-secure-practice-00.txt

	Title           : A Security Practitioner's view on Internet Protocols
	Author(s)       : L. Magnusson
	Filename        : draft-magnusson-secure-practice-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2009-10-13

IETF members is per tradition a focused group, working with all
  aspects of network interconnectivity and processing. But, as
  requested by the IETF Security Chair at IETF-75, there is an
  emerging need of a more formal review of Information Security
  issues, in relation to the IETF Standard work.

  During IETF-75, the author noted in several sessions participants
  voicing a somewhat different view on security issues, compared to
  what I have experienced as norm and practice within several End-Users
  organizations. Some key practices, often dependent on rulesets as
  SOX "Best Practice" framework, seemed to not be to well-known in
  those discussions I attended. This document intends to, with some
  simple examples, review and highlight some effects of these gaps and
  questions they arises.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-magnusson-secure-practice-00.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-magnusson-secure-practice-00.txt>