Protocol Action: 'Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status' to Proposed Standard

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status '
   <draft-kucherawy-sender-auth-header-20.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kucherawy-sender-auth-header-20.txt

Technical Summary

   This draft introduces a header that passes sender validation
   information in a message to the recipient.  It can be used
   with several validation approaches including DKIM.

Working Group Summary

   This is an individual document, although discussion has taken
   place on mail-vet-discuss@mipassoc.org.  There is opposition to the
   proposal from Doug Otis.  He seems to have an unusual and
   hard-to-understand model of how email validation should work,
   so I believe there is rough consensus anyway.

Document Quality

   This header is already implemented.  I asked Barry Leiba
   and Jim Fenton to review the proposal when asked to publish
   it.

Personnel

   Lisa Dusseault reviewed this for the IESG.