I-D ACTION:draft-satoh-pcn-st-marking-00.txt

directories.

	Title		: Single PCN Threshold Marking by using PCN baseline encoding for both admission and termination controls
	Author(s)	: D. Satoh, M. Ishizuka, O. Phanachet, Y. Maeda
	Filename	: draft-satoh-pcn-st-marking-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2008-11-19

This document proposes an algorithm for marking and metering by using
   pre-congestion notification (PCN) baseline encoding for both flow
   admission and flow termination.  The proposed algorithm uses
   threshold marking whose TBthreshold.threshold is set to the number of
   bits of a metered-packet smaller than the token bucket size.  Another
   threshold for the token bucket is required to change the marking.
   frequency.  Under the flow termination state, all the packets are to
   be threshold-marked.  Under the admission stop state, 1/Nth of
   packets are to be threshold-marked when the meter indicates.  We
   evaluates the performance of the proposed algorithm by simulations.
   Our simulation indicates that the performance is almost the same as
   that of the CL[I-D.briscoe-tsvwg-cl-architecture] algorithm.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-satoh-pcn-st-marking-00.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-satoh-pcn-st-marking-00.txt>