I-D Action:draft-gondi-radext-radius-mobility-00.txt

	Title           : Radius Mobility Extensions
	Author(s)       : V. Gondi, N. Agoulmine
	Filename        : draft-gondi-radext-radius-mobility-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2008-02-15

Increase in the usage of different access networks, the role of
Radius server is increased to provide access across different access
networks and access technologies. AAA server provides access to user
terminals in different security mechanisms in access networks. Due
to the robust architecture of radius server, the functionalities of
server can be extended to provide different services other than the
authentication and access to the user terminal.

In this draft we are proposing to extend the functionalities of the
radius server for the mobility management of the user in the access
networks. In this process the Radius server performs the mobility
context management of the user when its roaming or during handover
from the visiting network and the home network. In this draft we are
proposing to accommodate Proxy Mobile IP (PMIP) using these
extensions. In this proposed architecture we have defined new
attributes and packet format when a Radius server communicates with
the MPA/HA of the PMIP architecture as well as with another Radius
server for context management.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gondi-radext-radius-mobility-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request@ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gondi-radext-radius-mobility-00.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv@ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gondi-radext-radius-mobility-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gondi-radext-radius-mobility-00.txt>