I-D ACTION:draft-mase-autoconf-framework-04.txt

directories.

	Title		: A common framework for autoconfiguration of ad hoc networks
	Author(s)	: K. Mase, et al.
	Filename	: draft-mase-autoconf-framework-04.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2007-9-24

We consider the unique address/prefix autoconfiguration problem for
   MANETs.  Specifically, we consider two cases.  First, a node without
   a pre-assigned and valid local address/prefix acquires a new local
   address/prefix and becomes a member of a new or existing MANET.
   Second, two or more MANETs merge.  In the first case, a mechanism of
   IP address/prefix generation is needed.  We may have MANET-wide
   duplicate address/prefix detection (DAD) on newly generated address/
   prefix (tentative address/prefix) for suppressing occurrence of
   address/prefix conflict with existing address/prefixes (pre-service
   DAD).  In the second case, duplicate address/prefix may occur as the
   result of a merger of two formerly independent networks.  We may have
   DAD on addresses/prefixes in use for detecting and resolving
   duplicate addresses/prefixes and suppressing routing information
   contamination due to existence of duplicate addresses/prefixes (in-
   service DAD).  To define pre-service DAD and in-service DAD, we use
   autoconfiguration phases that are common for both proactive and
   reactive routing protocol.  Each node exists in one of the
   autoconfiguration phases at any time.  A node, that detects duplicate
   address/prefix between other nodes, may advertise the detected
   duplicate address/prefix to all other nodes in the MANET.  This is
   termed "Duplicate address/prefix advertisement" (DAA).  The specific
   DAD and DAA algorithm is beyond the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mase-autoconf-framework-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request@ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-mase-autoconf-framework-04.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv@ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mase-autoconf-framework-04.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mase-autoconf-framework-04.txt>