I-D ACTION:draft-matthews-p2psip-hip-hop-00.txt

directories.

	Title		: A Distributed Transport Function in P2PSIP using HIP for Multi-Hop Overlay Routing
	Author(s)	: E. Cooper, et al.
	Filename	: draft-matthews-p2psip-hip-hop-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2007-6-18

   This document examines a P2PSIP architecture where the peer-to-peer
   (P2P) layer is separate from and lies below the SIP layer.  We
   discuss the functions of the P2P layer in such an architecture, and
   focus in on the Distributed Transport function - the function that
   allows a peer to exchange messages with any other peer in the
   overlay, even in the presence of NATs.  We list the features that the

   Distributed Transport function needs to provide, and observe that the
   Host Identity Protocol (HIP) already provides a number of these
   features.  We then propose extensions to HIP that allow it to provide
   the missing features.  We discuss how a complete P2PSIP architecture
   can be built around HIP, and contrast this approach with other
   approaches for implementing a P2P layer.  Two of the advantages of
   HIP approach are that (a) most existing applications can run in an
   overlay without needing any changes and (b) peer mobility and NAT
   traversal are handled in a way that is transparent to most
   applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-matthews-p2psip-hip-hop-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request@ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-matthews-p2psip-hip-hop-00.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv@ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-matthews-p2psip-hip-hop-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-matthews-p2psip-hip-hop-00.txt>