IAB statement on identifiers and Unicode

Some members of the community may recall that in 2015 the IAB posted a Statement on Identifiers and Unicode 7.0.0. We have just posted a new statement as a follow-up. We encourage the community to review the update, as it surveys the related work done since the original was posted.

It also notes that the IAB has asked the designated expert for the relevant IANA registry to examine the Unicode versions which have been published in the intervening time.  Our reasoning for this is set forth in the statement, and we look forward to discussing it with the community at IETF 101.

regards,

Ted Hardie

for the IAB