A brief update on IETF 103

The IAOC would like to update the community on the planning for IETF 103.

The IAOC approved negotiations with a venue in October of last year, but these have not yet resulted in a workable contract. In particular, we have experienced some difficulty in securing agreement to implement the IETF network, as described in the MANDATORY requirements of the MTGVENUE requirements document (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process). While we continue to work with the planned venue, and are hopeful we will soon be able to report success, we are also now exploring fallbacks, possibly in other geographic areas.

We regret that the timing of this continues to slip, and we will continue to work to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Leslie Daigle, for the IAOC.