Re: ThinkPad Yoga 370 thinkpad_acpi: unknown/reserved multi-mode value

On April 25, 2018 2:22 PM, Benjamin Berg <bberg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2018-04-25 at 08:29 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>
> > FWIW, the error "unknown/reserved multi mode value" is about a real
> >
> > problem, and not related to "unhandled events" at all. What we'd have
> >
> > to do is to track down the root cause for this one.
>
> AFAICT, the value 0 for multi-mode type 4 is specified to be reserved.
>
> If this happens at boot time, then maybe it really tells us that the
>
> current state is not known at the time similar to what appears to be
>
> the case for other modes.
>
> Sounds like the best solution is to just assume that a value of 0x0
>
> always means the state is unknown and assume we are in laptop mode.
>
> Simply adding TP_ACPI_MULTI_MODE_UNKNOWN to the lists of valid modes
>
> should fix the warning.
>
> Benjamin

For the reference, below are all thinkpad_acpi messages I get during cold boot:

thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.26
thinkpad_acpi: http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/
thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad BIOS R0HET47W (1.27 ), EC unknown
thinkpad_acpi: Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370, model 20JJS0HD00
thinkpad_acpi: radio switch found; radios are enabled
thinkpad_acpi: Unknown/reserved multi mode value 0x0000 for type 4, please report this to ibm-acpi-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
thinkpad_acpi: Tablet mode switch found (type: GMMS), currently in laptop mode
thinkpad_acpi: This ThinkPad has standard ACPI backlight brightness control, supported by the ACPI video driver
thinkpad_acpi: Disabling thinkpad-acpi brightness events by default...
thinkpad_acpi: Standard ACPI backlight interface available, not loading native one
thinkpad_acpi: battery 1 registered (start 75, stop 100)
input: ThinkPad Extra Buttons as /devices/platform/thinkpad_acpi/input/input13

After reboot it stays the same except :
thinkpad_acpi: Unknown/reserved multi mode value 0x0000 for type 4, please report this to ibm-acpi-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
which is missing then.

​Jordan