unknown possible thermal alarm or keyboard event received

My Thinkpad Yoga X1 2nd gen prints this message when I open the lid to flat, to almost tablet mode, and back to normal degrees of open:

[90022.628593] thinkpad_acpi: unknown possible thermal alarm or keyboard event received
[90022.628599] thinkpad_acpi: unhandled HKEY event 0x60f0
[90022.628601] thinkpad_acpi: please report the conditions when this event happened to ibm-acpi-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At the same time, acpi_listen is getting events like this:

ibm/hotkey LEN0268:00 00000080 000060f0

It gets the same ACPI message whether the lid is going flat, going back to a normal orientation, or going towards tablet mode. The other events, like lid open, lid closed, enter tablet mode, or exit tablet mode, get reported accurately.

I don't have any idea how ACPI events get decoded, or what info they contain, but I'm hoping that a correct decoding of the event could tell me which position the lid has hit (normal open, open to flat, or hyper-extended open). No idea if that's possible, but it sure would be nice. Thanks for any info you can provide!

kernel version is 4.13.16, not sure what other details would be helpful...