Re: platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi: Adjustments for four function implementations

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 6:23 PM, SF Markus Elfring
<elfring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>   Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in three functions
>>
>> This one is questionable since it prints error messages at ->init() stage.
>> I would rather not touch this.
>
> Do you find the Linux allocation failure report insufficient in this case?

It is up to the current driver maintainer. For me it sounds better to
have than not to.

>>>   Improve a size determination in tpacpi_new_rfkill()
>>
>> Doesn't make any sense right now. One style over the other.
>> Nothing gets better or worth at this point.
>
> Would you like to care for a bit more compliance with information
> from the section “14) Allocating memory” in the document “coding-style.rst”?

You know, in Russian we have an adverb: Заставь дурака б-гу молиться,
он и лоб расшибёт.
Which has English equivalent: Give a man enough rope and he’ll hang himself.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko