Re: Lid sensor on Yoga 11e

Hi,

On 25-10-17 16:30, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hmm interesting I would expect there to be 2 ACPI devices for the
    2 accelerometers and then things should just work fine.

    Unless there is one DSDT entry / ACPI device with 2 i2c ACPI resources
    to point to the 2 different accelerometers. That would not be the
    first time I see that, we've some i2c helpers now to make dealing
    with this easier.

    Can you put an acpidump of the machine somewhere so that I can check
    what is in the DSDT ?

A complete dump is available at https://github.com/larsks/yoga-11e-acpi/. It looks like there is a single ACPI device with two I2C devices; see https://github.com/larsks/yoga-11e-acpi/blob/master/dsdt.dsl#L10396.

Ah yes, ok I know how to fix this. It is not going to be 100% pretty from
a driver-code pov, but it should not be to bad and make both accelerometers
available. I will get back to you with a patch to test for this when
I've some time to whip up said patch.

        On the rotation, the DSDT table has the rotation corrections embedded.  I suspect that Lenovo is using non-standard names on the 11e, since it's non-standard hardware and that that's throwing the existing driver for a loop.

    Interesting, I don't think non-standard names is going to be an issue
    here, the bmc150-accel driver which deals with the BOSC0200 devices
    does not have any parsing code for orientation info in the DSDT at all.

The orientation issue can be handled with the appropriate ACCEL_MOUNT_MATRIX in the hwdb, assuming that you are relying on iio-sensor-proxy to act as the moderator between the accelerometer readings and your desktop environment.  The necessary patch to systemd for this merged yesterday (https://github.com/systemd/systemd/commit/5cfde7ad2949387f636d05765a0a1c5820aa21cd).

Right, but if there is a way to get this from the dsdt then that might be better,
as that may work on new models too, without the need to add new quirks all the time.

Regards,

Hans