Re: Lid sensor on Yoga 11e

WMI is Windows Management Instrumentation, right? What does it mean for my attempts to get this working that the device to be behind that?

I was able to do a bit more digging on the Windows side. I found a device driver named "GPIO Laptop or Slate Indicator Driver". This has a location path of "ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(LSID)". In the decompiled DSDT, there IS a LSID device, with the text reproduced below. I've been poking at it most of the day and haven't managed to get _STA to change. I suspect I'm going down the wrong path here, given that nothing Notify()s this device.

As before, any advice on where to look is deeply appreciated.

Steve

Device (LSID)
                    {
Method (_HID, 0, NotSerialized) // _HID: Hardware ID
                        {
                            Return ("MSFT9001")
                        }

Name (_CID, "PNP0C60" /* Display Sensor Device */) // _CID: Compatible ID Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate () // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
                        {
                        })
                        Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
                        {
                            If ((OSYS <= 0x07D9) || (TSMT == Zero))
                            {
                                Return (Zero)