Detecting tablet mode on ThinkPad Yoga 11e?

Hello,

I've recently started running Linux on a Yoga 11e, and I'm looking for help getting Linux to recognize when it switches between laptop and tablet mode.  WIth the current (4.11-rc8) kernel, the thinkpad_acpi driver seems to recognize that the device is capable of a mode switch; when booting, it reports:

  Tablet mode switch found (type: MHKG), currently laptop mode

...but it looks as if the driver doesn't receive any events when switching between these two modes. Looking through the driver code, I'm wondering if the hardware is generating an event but it is simply ignored due the hotkey source bitmask.  It looks as if the code would otherwise log information if it received an unrecognized hotkey event (that is assuming of course that this device reports the mode switch via an acpi event).

I'm hoping someone here can provide some suggestions for debugging this issue.  Thanks,

-- Lars