Re: Thinkpad T460 laptop freezes when closing lid while on battery

The issue is resolved with 4.6-rc2.
It was an intel pstate issue. On older kernels the intel_pstate=nohwp boot parameter works also.

On 10 April 2016 at 01:49, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 29 Mar 2016, alxarch wrote:
> If the lid is closed with AC plugged in, it suspends and wakes up without
> an issue.
> Also if is suspend before closing the lid, everything also works normally.

> I am running Arch linux.
> The issue exists on every kernel version I tried: 4.1, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6-rc1.
>
> I am not sure this is related to thinkpad_acpi module but I figured I start
> from here.

That's easy enough to know: please disable the thinkpad-acpi module,
it is not an essential module at all so that's the easiest way to test it.

Find the thinkpad_acpi.ko file and rename it to thinkpad_acpi.ko.disabled.
It should be under /lib/modules somewhere.  Then reboot, and test.  If the
problem goes away, thinkpad-acpi or something it uses is at fault.  If it
doesn't, we will know thinkpad-acpi is not part of the issue...

> I am willing to help with this issue or to test other things on the T460.

Sure, you are welcome!  please hang around this ML, then :-)

  Henrique Holschuh