Re: adaptive keyboard off after suspend on linux kernel 4.4 and 4.5, (thinkpad x1 gen2)

Hi,

I am having exactly the same issue with the adaptive keyboard going off
after suspend/resume and would be happy to help debugging the issue
(within my limited time). Please let me know what I can do.

One thing I noticed is that on (at least the first) resume the keyboard
goes on for a very brief time and then switches itself off.

Best,

	Philipp

P.S.: I am not subscribed to the list.

> Hey,
>
> I'm afraid that I'm laptop-less as that X1 Carbon 2nd is dying of MCE errors and switching off after 5 minutes of use.
>
> I didn't write the adaptive keyboard support, I exposed it through sysfs and added support for more keys.
>
> The original author is somebody else (which I can't check for because of my dead laptop...)
>
> Cheers
>
> PS: the keyboard still works fine with the latest 4.3 kernels and suspend/resume FWIW
>
>> On 4 Feb 2016, at 14:32, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@...> wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2016, Sindre Fjogstad wrote:
>>> After upgrading my kernel to version 4.4 and then 4.5.RC1 from 4.2 my
>>> adaptive keyboard is off when the laptop wakes up after suspend. The
>>> adaptive keyboard works as expected before the suspend.
>>
>> Suspend to RAM, or hibernation (suspend to disk) ?
>>
>>> How do you want me to debug this and what kind of information do you
>>> need for me to provide you?
>>>
>>> from dmesg:
>>> [ 11.181209] thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.25
>>> [ 11.181212] thinkpad_acpi: http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/
>>> [ 11.181214] thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad BIOS GRET37WW (1.14 ), EC unknown
>>> [ 11.181215] thinkpad_acpi: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 2nd, model 20A8S0WT16
>>>
>>> I have attached my kern.log filtered for acpi which contains hints on
>>> additional issues:
>>> - unhandled HKEY event 0x60c0
>>> - unknown version of the HKEY interface: 0x200
>>
>> Those are known harmless conditions, and HKEY 0x200 interface *is* the
>> adaptative keyboard version of the HKEY event interface, but it is only
>> "partially" known...
>>
>> And as you can see, it apparently still has some rough edges ;-)
>>
>> I will need your help to fix this, I don't have any thinkpad with an
>> adaptative keyboard to test. In fact, the adaptative keyboard code was a
>> contribution by Bastien Nocera. Added him to the CC.
>>
>> Bastien, can you help debug this issue?
>>
>> --
>> "One disk to rule them all, One disk to find them. One disk to bring
>> them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond
>> where the shadows lie." -- The Silicon Valley Tarot
>> Henrique Holschuh

begin:vcard
fn:Philipp Slusallek
n:Slusallek;Philipp
org:DFKI, Saarland University, and Intel Visual Computing Institute;Agents and Simulated Reality
adr;quoted-printable:;;Campus D3.2;Saarbr=C3=BCcken;;66123;Germany
email;internet:slusallek@xxxxxxx
title:Prof. Dr.-Ing.
tel;work:+49 681 85775 5377
tel;fax:+49 681 85775 2235