Detecting screen foliding/flipping on ThinkPad Yoga 12 2nd gen

Hi,

I'm new to the list, so hi all.

I've been trying to get everything working smoothly on my ThinkPad Yoga 12, under Ubuntu 15.10. What I've got is up at https://github.com/ragtag/spin/tree/yoga12-2nd-gen , which is a fork from user wdbm's code.

I've got almost everything working, but have encountered a strange behavior with the sensor that detects screen position. When the part of the code that reads the accelorometer is not runnign, the sensor that detects screen position only sends a signal (ibm/hotkey LEN0068:00 00000080 000060c0) when it's all the way in tablet mode.

When I'm reading from the accelorometer, on the other hand, the screen position sensor detects in two places. When the laptop enters tent mode and tablet mode, but with the same signa as beforel both times.

This makes it a bit tricky to know when the laptop is in tablet or laptop mode. If I read the sensor all the time, and you move the screen to tent mode, I have no way of knowing if you move it back to laptop mode, or further into tablet mode.

Anyone have a smart solution to this?

Cheers,

  Ragnar