Re: Backlight keys not working on T430

On 9 November 2014 03:14, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Nov 2014, Pedro Ribeiro wrote:
>> > Also, does anyone know what the errors below mean?
>> > [    3.722446] thinkpad_ec: thinkpad_ec_request_row: arg0 rejected:
>> > (0x01:0x00)->0x00
>> > [    3.722451] thinkpad_ec: thinkpad_ec_read_row: failed requesting
>> > row: (0x01:0x00)->0xfffffffb
>> > [    3.722454] thinkpad_ec: initial ec test failed

>> Now if anyone could shed some light on the error above I would appreciate...
>
> tp_smapi and thinkpad-ec do not support the EC in the t4xx series of
> thinkpads.
>
> --
>   "One disk to rule them all, One disk to find them. One disk to bring
>   them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond
>   where the shadows lie." -- The Silicon Valley Tarot
>   Henrique Holschuh

Ok thanks for letting me know.

PS: Two things I don't like about this new laptop coming from the T400
- the keyboard layout and the fan noise (my T400 was very very quiet).
I think I can get used to the former... The keyboard quality itself is
flawless - I was afraid I wouldn't like it. I'd say the lack of a
magnesium roll cage in the lid is noticeable, but I still believe this
laptop would take a beating and come out unscathed. Overall, I was
pleasantly surprised after being forcibly separated from my T400 which
I used for over 5 years (had a fried mobo and screen...).

Also there is some bug where when you restart it doesn't accept the
hard drive ATA password, hopefully Lenovo will fix that in a BIOS
update.

Regards,
Pedro