Re: renaming 'unknown_led'

On Mon, 06 Oct 2014, Dmitry Nezhevenko wrote:
> I've tried to enable CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_UNSAFE_LEDS on t440p machine and
> found that it provides a way to control led that is placed on 'Fn' button
> using 'tpacpi::unknown_led' sysfs entry.
>
> That's why I want to ask, how these tpacpi_led_names were filled? Does it
> means that 'unkown_ledX' means that nobody tried/reported about certain
> led at all?

We need reports for several machines, so that we can know the same internel
LED ID was not used for different leds across different machines.

> Can we somehow rename it for this particular case from tpacpi::unkown_led
> to tpacpi::fn and mark it as 'safe'? I've not found a way to do this for
> specific machine so it may affect others.

The led subsystem in thinkpad-acpi currently does not support per-model
naming.  It is not impossible to do it, but we'd need a proper map of leds
across the several newer models to know how to do it sanely.

i.e. update http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Table_of_thinkpad-acpi_LEDs

  Henrique Holschuh