Bug with ThinkLight control on W530

I just got a W530 a few weeks ago. I've noticed that thinkpad-acpi can
turn the thinklight off but not on. If I turn it on with Fn-Space,
then do something like:

sudo tee /proc/acpi/ibm/light <<< off
sudo tee /proc/acpi/ibm/cmos <<< 13

The light turns off. But issuing the opposite commands (below) has no effect.

sudo tee /proc/acpi/ibm/light <<< on
sudo tee /proc/acpi/ibm/cmos <<< 12

The reported status from the /proc/acpi/ibm/light file matches the
actual status of the thinklight.

I copied /dev/nvram to a file and diffed it with the light on and off
with no difference, so there's no nvram control of the thinklight
(might be obvious; this is my first thinkpad).

I tried all the CMOS commands from 0 to 21 with no effect, but I
wasn't expecting much - why would they change the CMOS command number?
It also seems strange that the off command is still present but the on
command is not.

If it's relevant, I'm using Arch Linux: Linux svoboda 3.4.4-2-ARCH #1
SMP PREEMPT Sun Jun 24 18:59:47 CEST 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I've attached the dumped DSDT. If there's anything else I can send to
be of help, let me know.

Regards,
--
Eric Swanson