Re: THERMAL ALERT: unknown thermal alarm received

Hi Henrique,

I'm having a hard time reproducing this reliably on nvidia. It seems like it might have happened a few times while logging in to X (kdm/kde). Keyboard, touchpad and trackpointer were all frozen right after login a few times today and it seems to coincide with the thermal alert message. This was with nvidia/discreet graphics forced.

When I actually manage to get all the way into KDE using nvidia, unplugging/plugging the AC freezes the screen. So does adjusting the backlight. Sleep/resume and close/open lid are randomly working with failure weighing in the most.

Using integrated graphics/intel (in nvidia optimus mode - though Linux doesn't seem to support optimus), the thermal alert pops op on every unplug and plug of the AC. Does not seem to happen with the lid opening or closing.

I also noticed the following entry:
thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad BIOS 8BET44WW (1.24 ), EC unknown

I think I saw a message somewhere else with a problem with the embedded controller but I can't recall what it was.