T402s EC not supportd under Linux?

Hi everybody,

I've tried sending this to the Linux Thinkpad list and I've got no
feedback. I'm trying here since this list seems more technical :).
Please tell me if I'm doing it wrong and which are the lists related to
thinkpad-ec and tp_smapi modules, I'm still new to the Thinkpad world.
Sorry again if this is spam on the list.

I just installed the tp-smapi module on Arch Linux, stock 2.6.38.5
kernel. I
tried loading it and it failed. From dmesg I saw:

# dmesg | tail -n
1
[ 9065.486315] thinkpad_ec: no ThinkPad embedded controller!

I then tried to load the thinkpad_ec module and got:

# modprobe thinkpad_ec
FATAL: Error inserting thinkpad_ec (/lib/modules/2.6.38-
ARCH/extra/thinkpad_ec.ko.gz): No such device

The ThinkWiki suggests to upgrade the BIOS upon receiving the first
error.
However, I'm already running the latest available BIOS for the T420s
(see the
version below). I've tried to see if the controller is recognized, but
from

# dmidecode -s bios-version && dmidecode -t11
8CET32WW (1.09 )
# dmidecode 2.11
SMBIOS 2.6 present.

it seems that Linux doesn't see it.

Should I write to Lenovo support or simply waiting will probably get me
working BIOS or controller? Anybody else have this laptop? I am still
new to
Lenovos, any help is appreciated. I am willing to provide more info if
it is
helpful!

Cheers,
Alessandro