Re: support for lenovo g560

Thx for you help.

I did acpidump and dmidecode (attached files sent to your email).

I' m runningÂÂ:

uname -a
Linux zc 2.6.36-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 10 20:01:53 UTC 2010 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

When I try modprobe thinkpad_acpi, I get this message:

modprobe thinkpad_acpi
FATAL: Error inserting thinkpad_acpi (/lib/modules/2.6.36-ARCH/kernel/drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.ko): No such device

Even though:
Âls -l /lib/modules/2.6.36-ARCH/kernel/drivers/platform/x86/ | grep -i thinkpad
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 108338 Dec 10 22:03 thinkpad_acpi.ko

So I do have this module.Â

Even with --force option, nothing happens.

Today I tested that at my friend's laptop, same model, but running ubuntu 10.10 i386. Same results, and module is not loaded.

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 2:53 AM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 24 Dec 2010, Dmitriy Ugnichenko wrote:
> I've got Lenovo G560 laptop with Intel Core i3 330M cpu inside. I'm not sure
> if this is a right mailing list (so, I'd like you not to accuse me for
> that). I want to get clear, whether thinkspad_acpi support my model or not?

It doesn't have any special support for the G560. ÂThat doesn't mean it
won't work.

> I did not get a clear answer after googling for that. And if not, is any
> work going in that direction.

None, but you can help. ÂUpgrade to the lastest BIOS and firmware for
your G560. ÂSend me the output of recent versions of the "dmidecode" and
"acpidump" utilities. ÂMake sure to XXX-out serial numbers and UUIDs in
the dmidecode output.

Then, test the driver as it currently is in your ThinkPad, and tell me
what works, and what doesn't.

The driver documentation is in Documentation/laptops/thinkpad-acpi.txt
in the kernel source.

--
Â"One disk to rule them all, One disk to find them. One disk to bring
Âthem all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond

--
with best regards,
Dmitriy.