Re: thinkpad_acpi: Add support for T410s.

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010, Jens Taprogge wrote:
> A new LED is integrated into the Microphone mute button.  On the other hand many
> LEDs are missing and have been masked out from useful_leds.  A new hotkey event
> triggered when pressing the Microphone Mute button.  It is reported as an ACPI
> hotkey event.
>
> Please apply.

Thank you.  It is queued, but I want to be careful before I apply this.

Now that I now WTF HKEY 0x101B is, there appears to be an ACPI interface
to control and the MIC muting.  I wonder if there isn't one for the
speaker mute too, so that I can stop messing with the EC on the newer
Lenovo models...

The LED control is fine, since we have the idea of safe/unsafe leds in
the first place (and the MIC_MUTE LED will be regarded as an unsafe
one).  I just want to make sure it is not a codepoint that is reused for
different uses on different models (doesn't look like it, but still...)

Actually, your thinkpad likely also generates HKEY events 0x1019 (likely
related to volume down) and 0x101A (likely related to volume up).

Could you please assign some random keycode to them and check when they
are issued, and when they're not issued?  Please test it with and
without OSI(Linux) active (kernel command line parameters
acpi_osi="linux", and acpi_osi="!linux"), and also wether OSI(Linux)
changes the behaviour of the HKEY 0x101B you found.

> +	TPACPI_Q_LNV('6', 'U', 0x4087), /* T410s */

Are you sure the LEDs you masked off are not available in any of the
docks the T410s supports (if any) ?

Also, please send me the dmidecode and acpidump of the latest T410s
BIOS, if you can.  If you do, remember to cross-out UUIDs and serial
numbers.  Thanks! :)

  Henrique Holschuh