Re: ThinkPad X40 Dock support?

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010, Robert de Rooy wrote:
> Has anyone got working Dock support on a X40? When I press the eject
> button on the "ThinkPad X4 Dock" nothing shows in "udevadm monitor",
> which it does do on my T60 when I press the eject button on its dock.

Please report this issue on the linux-acpi ML (or just go directly to
bugzilla.kernel.org, as the ACPI subsystem tracks bugs there instead of by
email), as...

> ACPI: ACPI Dock Station Driver: 4 docks/bays found

... the driver certainly found the devices, and should have issued the
uevents for the button press in a X40.

If you do report the bug in bugzilla, please attach the kernel logs,
dmidecode (remove UUIDs and serial numbers) and acpidump output, as those
are very likely to be necessary to track the bug down.

  Henrique Holschuh