Re: Chaning so that WWAN is enabled after resume ?

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009, Jerone Young wrote:
> Thanks Henrique! I havn't had time to get back to debugging this issue
> since initially trying to go after it.
>
> Very curious on the fix. I rember diggin though the code and I can image
> it's not an obvious bug just looking at the code.

Basically, the new rfkill core (for good reasons, to the benefit of the
EeePC driver) will not do a class resume on persistent devices.

So, thinkpad-acpi has to do it itself.  I took the easy way out: asked the
firmware to do it for us.  So far, the only oddity reported is that if the
user switches the hardware rfkill switch off then on, the firmware will
resume with all radios unblocked.

I *can* work around that, by ignoring the firmware entirely on a
suspend/resume cycle.  I am not convinced this is would be a better choice.

  Henrique Holschuh