alsa patch

Months ago somebody posted on this list a patch that, IIRC, added an
alsa mixer entry that allowed to change the volume in the same way of
the hardware volume buttons.

Well, I admit I din't follow the list very attentively, but it seems to
me that that patch got forgotten. What happened? It still sounds very
interesting to me. In case it still needs some testing or debugging,
may I help? (I own a X60s.)

Thank you,
Paride Legovini