bluetooth radio ThinkPad T61

I joined the list and posted this so that I can offer my help with the
thinkpad-acpi module.

My Lenovo T61 7665FD1 has this bluetooth:
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0a5c:2110 Broadcom Corp. Bluetooth Controller

mingdao@jeremiah:~$ uname -a
Linux jeremiah 2.6.30.1 #9 SMP Sun Jul 19 18:36:17 CST 2009 x86_64
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T8300  @ 2.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

mingdao@jeremiah:~/kernel/linux-2.6.30.1$ grep -i 'thinkpad' .config
CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI=m
CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_DEBUGFACILITIES=y
CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_UNSAFE_LEDS=y
CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_BAY=y
CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_VIDEO=y
CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_HOTKEY_POLL=y

mingdao@jeremiah:~/kernel/linux-2.6.30.1$ dmesg | grep radios
thinkpad_acpi: radio switch found; radios are enabled

root@jeremiah:~# cat /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth
status:         disabled
commands:       enable, disable

mingdao@jeremiah:~/kernel/linux-2.6.30.1$ grep BT_HCI .config
CONFIG_BT_HCIBTUSB=m
CONFIG_BT_HCIBTSDIO=m
CONFIG_BT_HCIUART=m
CONFIG_BT_HCIUART_H4=y
CONFIG_BT_HCIUART_BCSP=y
CONFIG_BT_HCIUART_LL=y
CONFIG_BT_HCIBCM203X=m
CONFIG_BT_HCIBPA10X=m
CONFIG_BT_HCIBFUSB=m
CONFIG_BT_HCIDTL1=m
CONFIG_BT_HCIBT3C=m
CONFIG_BT_HCIBLUECARD=m
CONFIG_BT_HCIBTUART=m
CONFIG_BT_HCIVHCI=m

It is not turned on when the system is booted, and Fn+F5 does nothing,
even though the log says it is turned on. Running "xev" and pressing
Fn+F5 gives no output.

After reading the compatibility for ThinkPad models here:
http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net/
and this post on the list:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=20090425033924.GC17216%40khazad-dum.debian.net
it seems that it is not supported in the kernel yet.

Using this hack:
root@jeremiah:~# echo "enable" > /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth
root@jeremiah:~# cat /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth
status:         enabled
commands:       enable, disable

turns it on. However, I'd like for thinkpad-acpi to do so when the
kernel boots, if possible.

Please let me know how I can help. I'll patch and build a new kernel if
any patches show up on the list, or if you say so.

Kindest regards,
Bruce Hill
--
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the
lesson afterward. But properly learned, the lesson forever changes